Monday, June 22, 2009

Open Mind, Open Heart, Closed Mouth

I've been keeping up with what's been going on in the world for some reason lately.
From gay marriage, marijuana legalization, to the protests in Iran.
I don't think I've ever kept on top of a topic for so long. I usually read or watch enough of the situation to just know the gist of what's going on. Only focusing on the "why" it's happening and not the "who" or "what" is involved.

These global issues are usually passed by. Only watched while in a waiting room or read while standing in line at the check out. People need to understand what's going on first before they criticize the situation. I think that it's important to have an understanding of what's going on around you. Be it in the world, your own country, or just your own town/community.

You always hear, "Oh my, did you hear about what's going on in Africa?"
I wonder if people in other countries are saying the same about us, "Have you heard about what happened in America?"
If you choose to agree or disagree, please remember to always have
an open mind,
an open heart, (and you if have nothing nice to say)
a closed mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment